Job Explorer Database (JED)
What is JED
Young people need careers information that is comprehensive, trustworthy and accessible. JED gives students the information they need in a way that is lively, engaging and informative.
- The job explorer database has career details for over 800 jobs
- There are videos, job descriptions, information on training and pay and case studies.
- Pupils can use the Suits me quiz, a quiz that matches interests with careers. They can also link their favourite school subjects to careers.
- There are facts sheets explaining choices at 14, 16 and 18
- You can also access information regarding Higher Education courses- see the bottom of this page
To access the site from home you will need a Unique Code for St James - to obtain the code please email Mrs Selfe at school on email@example.com - when you have the code please go to the website via the link below
This will take you to the Home Page where you will need to sign in at the following icon
Enter the Unique Code given to you by Mrs Selfe - click enter and confirm you are a St James's user.
You can then chose a product - click Job Explorer Database and chose one of the following Options
Year 7 and 8 - select First JED
Year 9, 10, 11 - select JED
Then, start exploring!!
For information about Higher Education then access the site as above but when you get to the select a product page - click Higher Ideas - this will then take you to a menu page - if you click the icon
Ideas Generator -
you can then explore the University Courses linked to the subjects you are interested in