KEY STAGE 4
Modern World History
This 2 Year Course is open to all pupils and offers a full range of grades A*-G at GCSE
2 Examination Papers – 75%
1 piece of Controlled Assessment – 25%
What will Learning about History involve?
- Evidence handling
- Visits to London and Germany
- ICT use
What do we Study?
- The effect of World War One
- The rise of Hitler
- Life in Nazi Germany
- The Suffragettes
- Britain before and during the First World War
- The events learning to and including the Second World War
- Civil Rights in the USA (Martin Luther King)
Why Study History?
- History gives a valuable insight into what you see in the media everyday
- History is one of the most valued subjects by colleges and employers as it develops independent and critical thinking skills which are most valued by employers.
- It helps you make sense of our world.
- If you want to stand out from the crowd, then study History!
Careers within History
- Computer programming
- And many more…