Caring For Others † Achieving Excellence
The governors and staff of St James’s Church of England High School are committed to providing an excellent education within the context of a Christian School.
As members of our Christian Family we want every pupil to feel valued, knowing that their contribution to school life is unique.
We want every one of our pupils to set themselves the highest standards, aiming at all times to achieve their full potential.
Our caring Christian Community will encourage pupils to become responsible, independent and self-motivated. At the heart of our commitment is the belief that every person in our School is known and valued by God.
In this Church of England School our core belief is that everyone is created in the image of God and we aim to:
- Maintain and promote a Christian Ethos in which everyone Is equally valued as a member of the Family of St James’s.
- Provide a safe and happy environment in which all pupils have the opportunity to develop personally, physically, socially, academically and spiritually.
- Maintain and promote a caring community in which each person in encouraged to demonstrate concern and respect for everyone and to develop self-respect and discipline.
- Provide a relevant curriculum with a wide range of learning experiences to meet the differing needs of individual pupils whilst offering equality of opportunity and high standards of teaching.
- Foster within each pupil a joy for learning and recognition that education is a lifelong process in order to make a full and rewarding contribution to the community.