Our Aims and Ethos
The very special St James’s ethos –
‘Caring for Others; Achieving Excellence’
During your time at St James’s you will find your passions, skills and talents and you will start to shape a vision for your future. What are you going to contribute to the world? How will you make a difference?
You will also grow and develop as an individual. At St James’s we all aim to be accepting, kind, caring, supportive and loving. We have always called ourselves a family. It is a phrase we use often. We believe a family functions better with shared values and our values are those of the Christian family. We promote an ethos based on a climate of mutual respect and nurture of all, where good relationships are a priority. It’s the glue that holds us together!
- Christian values are at the heart of everything we do. Every member of the school community will be valued, nurtured and treated with dignity and kindness.
- We are ambitious for every young person and we work to challenge and support every young person to be ambitious for themselves and foster their joy of learning.
- Achieving excellence to empower our young people with a curriculum that inspires and engages all pupils so that they make excellent progress .
- We provide a safe and happy environment in which all pupils have the opportunity to develop personally, physically, socially, academically and spiritually.
- All our students are compassionate, considerate and kind. We want all St James’s students to be active citizens who contribute to our school community, the local community and more broadly. We are growing young people to be the good citizens, co-workers, friends, neighbours and parents of the future.